WeedLife News Network

Hot off the press cannabis, marijuana, cbd and hemp news from around the world on the WeedLife News Network.
1 minute reading time (215 words)

Eight-year-old rushed to hospital after consuming cannabis edibles

cannabis bud and gummy bears

An eight-year-old Woodstock child ate a large quantity of cannabis gummies over the weekend. The child was rushed to hospital and was in stable condition. Woodstock police wanted to remind people who consume cannabis, particularly edibles such as gummies or other sweets, to be mindful of safe storage away from children. Police encourage adults to safely store any alcohol and cannabis products out of reach or behind locked doors to ensure children do not consume them by mistake.

In the summer of 2020, Health Canada issued an advisory that children are being harmed after consuming illegal cannabis edibles that are not subject to safety and quality controls, do not have childproof packaging and have been stored by parents in places too easily accessible to kids. The caution was issued following several cases of children having been hospitalized after ingesting illegal weed edibles that looked like regular candies or treats.

e-mail icon Facebook icon Twitter icon LinkedIn icon Reddit icon
Rate this article: 
Select ratingGive Eight-year-old rushed to hospital after consuming cannabis edibles 1/5Give Eight-year-old rushed to hospital after consuming cannabis edibles 2/5Give Eight-year-old rushed to hospital after consuming cannabis edibles 3/5Give Eight-year-old rushed to hospital after consuming cannabis edibles 4/5Give Eight-year-old rushed to hospital after consuming cannabis edibles 5/5
Authored By: 
Article category: 
Regional Marijuana News: 

Copyright

© 420 Intel

×
Stay Informed

When you subscribe to the blog, we will send you an e-mail when there are new updates on the site so you wouldn't miss them.

Gwinnett weighs decriminalizing possession of mari...
New Research on Genetically Susceptible Mice Shows...

Related Posts


WeedLife.com