WeedLife News Network
FDA Issues Warnings to Makers of ~ Legal ~ CBD Hemp Oil Products
- -The FDA tested two separate samples of “UltraCBD,” sold by CBD Life Holdings LLC (a one ounce bottle costs $45 on their website or Amazon). Of the samples tested, one did not contain any cannabinoids — CBD or otherwise — while the second contained only .02% CBD. Of all products tested by the FDA that were found to contain some CBD, the “UltraCBD” products contained the smallest percentage.
- -The FDA tested seven products sold by California-based Hemp Oil Care. Of the products tested, three products — Hemp Pure Vape E-Drops: Peached, ‘Hemp Honey 21% Cannabidiol Oil’, and Hemp Honey CBD Vape Oil – Blueberries & Cream all tested negative for cannabinoids. Three flavors of Cibdex Hemp CBD Complex Drops (peppermint, unflavored and vanilla) all contained .3% CBD. The final product tested, Cibaderm Hemp Salve contained no CBD but did contain .2% cannabidiolic acid (CBDA).
- -The FDA tested four products offered by Natural Organic Solutions and sold at purecbd.net. Two of those products, “CBD Oil Extract Capsules (500mg – 10 Capsules)” and “21% CBD Hemp Oil Treatment” tested negative for cannabinoids. Of the remaining two products tested, “Real CBD Extract – CBD (Cannabidiol) Cannabis Extract Capsules (1500mg – 30 Capsules)” contained .5% CBD, .2% THC (tetrahydrocannabinol), .1% CBDA, .03% THCA (tetrahydrocannabinol acid); while their “26% CBD Hemp Oil Treatment” was found to contain .14% CBD, .45% THC, and .05% CBDA.
- -The FDA tested Arisi-Tol, made by Twin Falls Bio Tech LLC, and found that their product, which sells for $99.95 for a one month supply, contained .2% CBD.
- -The FDA also tested two manufacturers of CBD products marketed for pets. From Washington-based Canna Companion LLC, the FDA tested “Canna Companion Capsule Size: 4″ and found that the product contained .1% CBD, .1% THC, .3% CBDA and .9% THCA. Three products from Canna-Pet LLC were also tested, with “CBD Wedges – Canna-Biscuits for Dogs” testing negative for cannabinoids, “Canna-Pet for Cats” containing .5% CBD, and “Canna-Pet MaxCBD Capsules for Dogs” containing 2.6% CBD (the highest percentage of all test results), .1% THC, and .1% CBC (cannabichromene).
When you subscribe to the blog, we will send you an e-mail when there are new updates on the site so you wouldn't miss them.